Hey Everyone!
I'm in Australia and I've made it thru the first week....well I've been in Australia for a week now and it has been pretty out of this world so far.
My flight over here was LONG, but I kept myself occupied by watching ALOT of movies and playing video games and of course trying to survive the plane food. Getting over to Perth was a bit of a trip. I got to Chicago, San Francisco, and Sydney fine, but when I arrived in Sydney I had one hour to go through immigration, get my baggage and then go thru quarantine. I didn't make it in time, but thankfully God put people in my path to help me figure everything out. A wonderful mom and her two kids talked to the travel agent and she got me on the next flight. I wouldn't have been able to do that. I was about ready to get a flight back home. Thankfully I didn't because Perth is wonderful. YWAM is AWESOME!!!
So....I didn't really know what to expect as far as accomodations for my first 3 months here in Perth. WE got to our housing and its a building with basically two rooms and a hallway between. Each room has 22 girls! It's crazy! BUT it is a lot of fun! The girls dorm is a block away from base. Base is where we have class, eat, work, and have worship! Base is where everything YWAM goes on.
I have met some amazing people from all over the world. There are people from Holland, Indonesia, Canada, England, Paraguay, and many many more. About 22 nations are represented on base this quarter. Each have a different story to tell and each is so amazing to hear because you really see the different ways God works!
Today was the first day of actual lectures (Yay! no more registration!). We talked about Hearing God's Voice. It was more of a intro into the topic, but already God is working in everyone's hearts. I cannot wait to have my world rocked and changed. I have seen from just the few days I've been here, people's hearts starting to break. God is going to change us and rock us like we have never felt before and I am so excited! Being surrounded by people who are so passionate for God has really shown me the importance of putting Christ first and letting him in on every detail of my life. I'm learning the importance of surrendering. He can provide in ways we wouldn't imagine. God is sooo good.
I want to say thank you to all of you who are continuously praying and supporting the team and I. It is so great to have family and friends back on the other side of the world praying. I am so blessed to have you guys in my life and cannot wait to tell you more about my DTS (Discipleship Training School). I love you guys so much!
God Bless,
Katie
P.S. Australia doesn't have a few things that America has that i am already missing like Reese's PB cups and general mills products. So if anyone would like to send some my way ;) My friends and I would LOOOOVVVEEE that! Letters are great too!!!!
PO Box 8501
Perth Business Centre
PERTH, WA
AUSTRALIA 6849
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment