Monday, July 14, 2008

Freedom in Christ

This week we are talking about repentance and forgiveness. From previous YWAMers it is one of the most challenging weeks. I guess it really depends on the person but we've only had 6 hours of lecture and it's been life changing. I have had things in my heart that i thought i would take to the grave that God convicted me of. I asked those involved for forgiveness and I am right with God again.
Repentance is turning around or turning away from something and towards something else. Hopefully it would be towards God. It's owning up to the crap we've done and facing the consequences. When we turn towards God it's important to continue walking towards Him. Consistency will bring security in God. God made us to be relational and when we sin we are seperating ourselves from Him. He desires an intimate relationship.
We went through the crucifixion and the importance of it, and it made me realize that whenever i sin I am not acknowledging what Christ did for me. I am being prideful and i am piercing Jesus again. He was the ultimate sacrifice for us so we don't have to die. Therefore, our lives should be a testimony of that. So I STRONGLY encourage any of you reading this to ask God to convict you of any areas of your life that you need repentance. It can be scary but when we get it out in the open you will be surprised of how supportive those around you will be. They won't judge, but they will help you to become accountible.

Anyway, I hope that you can be encouraged by this. It is so freeing to repent of our sin and shame. Living in Christ brings joy!


Dying to self is living in Christ!

No comments: