Thursday, July 10, 2008

Marriage with God.

Today we talked more about hearing God's Voice. Jen talked about Quiet Times and how they are vital in order to have a functioning relationship with God. Our relationship with God was compared to a marriage, but it is much more intimate than that even. A relationship requires spending quality time, hanging out with God. I learned that its really REAL. For a long time I knew in my head that I had a relationship with God and I thought that it was intimate, but looking at it now, it is somewhat wimpy. I don't rely and fully trust in God for everything. I only really go to Him in crisis or when I feel like I should. If I were like that with any of my friendships, they wouldn't really be real meaningful friendships that could last. I want my relationship with God to be a marriage and even deeper than that. Like those who are married don't wake up and forget that their spouse is their spouse. They wouldn't just leave without telling the other person where they are at or make a decision w/o telling the other one either. Same with God. It should be like that. God should automatically be involved with every detail of our lives.

1 comment:

ktals4 said...

KATIE! this is so awesome to hear how God is working in your life so much already! I will continue to pray for you and I wanna keep up with this blog!

love, kristine