

Today we started our week on the topic "Fear of the Lord". Shirley Brownhill, our base founder and the most gracious woman of God, is speaking. I am just so excited to learn a new side of God that I didn't really know or was familiar with before. Last week we covered worship and intercession. I found that prayer is soooooo important and so powerful. I learned that through intercession we can fight in this spiritual battle that's going on. When we wait on the Lord, He is so quick to respond to us. We can hear from the Lord and fight battles all around the world. Our speaker gave many times when people heard from the Lord and responded and peoples lives were saved and miraculous things happenned. Before this school I never really knew what intercession was or what it looked like. In all honestly I was a little scared of it because I am fearful of praying outloud, but I absolutely love it! I love being able to know God's secrets and being able to fight for people. Even for those I've never met. There are a couple quotes from this week that really stick out.
- God's ability to speak to us is far greater than our inability to hear Him.
- Be a Verb (in worship) not a noun
God is really becoming more and more real to me. The more real He's becoming the more I find areas in my life that I can surrender to Him. He's not just an idea in my head. He's not just a character in a story either. He is real and He is my God. He can be your God too. Man! I wish I could have you guys on the other side of the world come over and sit in on a lecture. They are so amazing and they really put life in perspective.
Well...i guess i better go. I'm the receptionist here at YWAM, so if you feel like calling base at all from 2-4AM MN time I'll pick up!!!! I can't wait to update you guys on this week. It's going to be powerful! I hope all is well with you and I want to say thanks for all the encouraging emails and all your support. I love you guys!

1 comment:
Read some of your stuff liked it. I may not be one to sit and talk about how much I love God but doesnt mean I wont stop and listen to someone else.
Post a Comment