

My time in Jakarta was amazing! It was challenging and tiring, but God has sooo much love for that city. Most of the time we spent in Jakarta was in the slums. We did girls' hair, played games, prayed for them and most importantly we shared the gospel. As we were the last wave to go into Jakarta for Megacities, we got to really see fruit from what the past three waves had done along with planting some new seeds! The people there were ready for something. They were in desperate search for the truth and that's what my team along with all the other teams brought.
I learned a ton just from living with a team of twelve. My teammates are not people I chose, but people God chose. He knew the areas that I needed to grow and mature in. I can't say that living, eating, sleeping with 12 people is easy, but God taught me how to persevere. He taught me how to find balance. It was all by going to Him consistently. The Lord never left my side. I really experienced His faithfulness.
Oh man! I would love to share everything about DTS, especially outreach (Jakarta) with you! I have many stories that can testify to the faithfulness and love God has for us. He did amazing things in that city and He has soooo much more instore for Jakarta this coming year!
As I wrao up my time Australia (for this season at least), I want to encourage you to really take time to listen to the Lord. Listen to what He is telling you to do. He is ready for you to really experience Him. He desires so much to have an intimate relationship with you.
Coming back to America, I honestly went through a bit of culture shock. All the major things were different like the side of the road we drive on and language, but I really just saw a nation that is distracted by consumerism and social status. God wants us sooo much to be close to Him in everything we do. Not just the "church going" side, but all things He wants to be a part of. I learned that during outreach when I was trying to figure out things on my own or put God into a formula, I ended up getting confused and a bit stir-crazy. It was when I gave EVERYTHING to God and was seriously honest about where I was at, He met me. All the questions and concerns I had began to fade.
I just pray for each one of you, as a new year is just around the corner, to make the Main Thing the main thing! Get back to the basics. He is waiting!
I want to thank each and everyone of you who fought for my team and I in prayer! It meant so much. In a city that is so spiritually heavy, we really needed it! Every prayer counted and it still does. That city is transformed because of you! Thank You HEAPS!
I am not sure as to what God has instore for me next, it could be Australia or just staying home and doing something local. Either way, I will be sure to update!
Love you all heaps!
Kate

1 comment:
katie! hahah.. wow its so encouraging to hear ur summary of the last 6 months.. our God is so amazing eh? :) hehe.. good stuff and good times indeed.. i miss you!! keep on loving God with all you've got.. take care and God bless!
Post a Comment