Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Joy of the Lord

Hey All! I'm finally back on and updating. YAY!!! So...so much has been going on since I've last written. We got all our finances. On the night that they were originally due we just had a time of intense worship. I have never been in such an intense worship as this. By the end of the night we were down to around $6,000. Then by the grace of God we were given an extention. Our finances were pushed back to Monday! On Monday morning worship we prayed for ten minutes as an entire base. We needed almost $6,000 as a base. In that ten minutes we saw all of the money come in! It was AMAZING!!!! God is faithful. I definitely learned that God does not have a plan B.
Last week we learned about evangelism. It was really cool to see how much we've grown since being here because at the beginning of DTS we did praise and worship in the city of Perth. We were all very nervous, but this time around we weren't as nervous EXCEPT this time we were going to do public proclamation. Yeah....so i was actually planning on NOT doing it. We didn't have to if we didn't want to. As the three hours came almost to the end, we had seen 2 salvations (Praise Jesus!) and many others who would be very intrigued by our worship stop by and ask questions. I got a stirring in my spirit that I was supposed to just go for it. Then our leader, Danny. came up and was like, "You ready?" I was a bit nervous but I just did it. I proclaimed who I believed Jesus to be in the middle of Perth and you know what?! It wasn't scary at all. I don't really remember what I said but I know that the Holy Spirit was leading me. It was a very empowering moment.
Something I have been learning lately in my quiet times is the how God fills us with His joy when we recognize who He really is and when we see how unworthy we are. I was reading Isaiah 6 and seeing Isaiah's reaction when He saw God in all of His glory. He said basically that he was good as dead because he is so unclean and unworthy. Then God asked as question "whom shall go for me? whom shall I send?" Immediately Isaiah said, "Here I am, Send me." Notice Isaiah didn't ask any questions about where he was staying or if there was a toilet or mattress. He just said "I'll go". It was definitely challenging. Am I recognizing who God is and who I am not? Who is lord of my life? What does my time and money spent say? What do my actions say? The other day when I finally recognized that I was just fill with the Joy of the Lord. I felt an amazing strength that I was so desperately seeking through a formula. God showed me that He is NOT a formula. He is not a religion. He is real. He is a relationship. It was sooo amazing!
This week we are covering the topic "Missions". Our speaker, Paul, is from Nigeria. It is a perfect way to end our lecture phase. We are off to our outreach location on Sunday and it is going to be very exciting! i can't wait to tell everyone about it! I probably won't be able to post too much about it on here but if you want the low down you can email me!
kfoy3157@hotmail.com
We've been learning all about the "mystery" location and I am soooooo excited to go!
Well friends, I am off but I want to share some recent pictures from Commissioning Night with you! It was lots of fun with lots of prayer, dressing up and great food!!!


Jackie, Me, Amanda


Chung En and I-Janine's Team's Worship Leaders



Amanda, Jana, Janine, Me, Jenn


BFF!!!

No comments: